[caption id="attachment_148046" align="alignleft" width="300"] Summit[/caption]
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" follows loner Charlie (Logan Lerman) as he enters high school and all the drama that surrounds it. But Charlie isn't the kind of guy to join the football team or run for student council or even raise his hand in class.
To the Captains of this and the Presidents of that, Charlie is invisible. But, in this movie, he proves that this can be a good thing. A very good thing, as a matter of fact.
Now no one is saying Charlie doesn't have it a little rough – see the movie and/or read the book and you'll know what we mean – but sometimes there are serious benefits to sitting back, observing and letting the world happen around you. We came up with at least 10, just to prove it.
10. You have a pen pal who listens but never talks back.
9. Making snow angels is perfectly acceptable.
8. You can wear a suit to school and still not stand out.
7. You scare even the jocks.
6. Teachers think they're your friend – this could have serious, long-lasting benefits.
5. You have no curfew – how else could you attend midnight showings of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?
4. You have undeniably good taste in music.
3. Girls will make you milkshakes at parties.
2. You hang out with Seniors even though you're only a Freshman.
1. You get to kiss Hermione.