[caption id="attachment_134916" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Warner Bros."][/caption]
Channing Tatum is cashing in on his younger glory days as a stripper in Florida with the semi-autobiographical film "Magic Mike."
Academy Award-winner Steven Soderbergh ("Traffic," "Ocean's Eleven") directs this scintillating (or is that skintillating?) inside look at the Xquisite strip club where Magic Mike Martingano (Tatum) takes a young rookie called The Kid (Alex Pettyfer) under his wing while trying to spread his own wings with The Kid's sister. Matthew McConaughey costars as club owner/impresario Dallas along with a whole stable of purebred beefcake.
1. No cops to stop these horny gals from copping a feel.
2. Tatum talks turkey.
3. There's only one logical explanation for the tube socks, thongs, sailor hat and leg shaving: He's a swimmer.
4. When it comes to stripping, Magic Mike is the Ginuwine article.
5. Damn, when it rains men, it pours removable bow ties.
6. For fifties he'll appear in another "G.I. Joe" movie.