We don't want to go out on a limb here, but "Man On A Ledge" could be the most white-knuckle suspense film of the new year.
Sam "Avatar" Worthington might need his wheelchair again if he falls off a New York City high-rise he's climbed in order to, get this, distract the cops while his brother pulls a diamond heist to clear his name. Hollywood, you're a genius. Jamie Bell costars as the brother, while the always lovely Elizabeth Banks tries to convince Sam that life is Worthington living.
1. Escape. This is as close as you'll get to a fight between a Na'vi and Tintin.
2. Heat sensor. Some high-elevation flirtation with Elizabeth Banks.
3. Here They Come. Because throwing money at the crowd worked so well for The Joker in "Batman" ...
4. I’m your friend. Anthony Mackie is trying to defuse a human bomb this time.
5. Is there a bomb? It's just like that song, "It's my party and I'll climb on the ledge if I want to ..."
6. Jumpers jump. Let's hope that coffee is Hostage Negotiator Strength.