Writer-director Andrew Niccol has made waves in the sci-fi genre exploring sociopolitical issues of obedience, genetics, and the nature of reality with mindbenders like "Gattaca," "S1m0ne" and the screenplay for "The Truman Show."
Now he's put his own twist on the "Logan's Run" concept of youth run amok in the new action thriller "In Time." Unlike with "Logan," where people over 25 die, in this film they just stop aging and live forever ... if they can afford it. Justin Timberlake plays Will Salas, a poor young man short on time who inherits a huge swath of immortality from an upper-class dude. When the corrupt timekeeping police force finds out, the manhunt begins.
Amanda Seyfried and her huge anime eyes costar, so check out all the young, futuristic hotness on display below.
1. Confusing Time. "Is she my mother, my sister, daughter? You're hoping she's not my wife." Geez, Vincent Kartheiser, this is starting to sound like an episode of "Mad Men."
2. Grab And Go. In the future cars make special electro-buzzing sounds, but everything else is kinda the same.
3. Natural Selection. This lesson in social stratification is brought to you by "On the Origin of Species," now a bestselling audiobook read by Justin Timberlake.
4. Dealing With Leon. Timberlake insisted on at least a dozen takes of this snogging scene ... for "safety."
5. I Am A Timekeeper. Cillian Murphy bides his time between bouts playing Scarecrow in the "Dark Knight" movies.
6. The Secret Of Longevity. Yep, just some young, good-lookin' dudes talkin' 'bout mortality, just like at Kirk Cameron's birthday party.