In "Crazy, Stupid, Love.", Steve Carell plays Cal, a recently separated dude who's a nice guy (natch) but doesn't know how to live life as a single man. That's where Jacob (Ryan Gosling) comes in, a slick, highly successful ladies' man straight out of the pages of "GQ" who takes Cal under his lascivious wing.
Comedy ensues, and stories involving Cal's wife (Julianne Moore), his kids, his babysitter, and his lawn all intertwine into a zany romantic comedy for the ages. Hereare five clips to give you a feel for the craziness, the stupidity and, well, the love.
1. Do You Like This Girl? Robbie (Jonah Bobo) is really playing out that whole "kid who's wise beyond his years" thing.
2. I Want to Show You Off to My Wife. Steve Carell wins over Marisa Tomei with his honesty, especially when he shouts out, "I think Jack Palance read the wrong name on Oscar night!"
3. How Do I Know That? Jacob (Ryan Gosling) attempts to reprogram Cal by tearing him down, then slowly building him back up, one sleazy brick at a time.
4. Have You Ever Seen Karate Kid? Steve Carell becomes another successful graduate of the Gosling School Of Promiscuity.
5. Do You Find Me Attractive? We're not sure why Gosling is doing this charming song-and-dance routine for Hannah (Emma Stone) when a simple "Hey Girl" would have sufficed.