The news is both good and bad for this week. From a sad passing to a big Star Trek announcement and a poster release from an Ellroy-penned western. Let's get started.
- The news is everywhere, just look at who'scovering it. There will be two Spocks.
- Matt Groening interview for The Simpsons Movie, out today.
- Very impressive 3:10 to Yuma poster. Hope the film is just as good.
- Watchmen line-up announced - any surprises? If you don't already know, check here to find out.
- Ray Stevenson from the HBO series Rome has been cast as the new Frank Castle in the next Punisher film.
- Raise one high tonight for Cinematography legend Laszlo Kovacs, who passed on this week.
- Odd yet positive review of The Kingdom. A movie I have hopes for simply because of its pedigree. Written by Matthew Michael Carnahan, brother to Joe Carnahan and directed by the extraordinarily underrated Peter Berg. The Kingdom has a chance at being a great film.
- Comic book Y: The Last Man is making headway in Hollywood.
- Tucci is in negotiations to play a murderer in Peter Jackson's Lovely Bones.
- Here's one to keep your eyes out for - not heard a thing about it but it could be very cool!
- And finally, Takashi Miike's new film Sukiyaki Western: Django will premiere at Venice Film Festival. If you are wondering what kind of brilliant absurdities are in store from this one, check out the trailer.
That's it for this week. If you think I've missed a big story, let me know.
Cole Drumb | Guest Contributor
Cole is a movie geek, currently working on his second feature.