This week we get a beautiful picture from Spike Jones, new on projects for Ryan Gosling, Michael Moore returns and some great news from John Lasseter.
- This is a project that had me nervous. I use past tense because I've seen the first still, which looks brilliant. Spike Jones directing Where the Wild Things Are, the still allays any fears I may have subconsciously held on to. The atmosphere, the costumes, I need a trailer for this now!
- Sam Rockwell talks a bit about starring in Choke, based on the Chuck Palahniuk novel.
- Laurence Fishbourne continues to work on bringing The Alchemist to the screens.
- Legendary Pictures get's $1billion cash infusion and has a staggering line up of projects, including: The Dark Knight, The Losers, Kung Fu, World of Warcraft, and Clash of the Titans.
- Digital and 3-D will revolutionize cinema, Katzenberg says.
- Black Sheep director talks production and F/X with assistance of magicians at WETA.
- Angelina Jolie teams with Night Watch director for new assassin project.
- Crowe has signed to yet another Ridley Scott film. They continue to chase the holy teamings of Scorsese and Deniro or Kurosawa and Mifune, to name just a few.
- I love this - a Life-sized Gigantor memorial is to be erected.
- Ryan Gosling joins cast of Peter Jackson's next project.
- Initial screening suggests Michael Moore has another blockbuster on his hands.
- Pixar's John Lasseter won latest battle over cheap, direct to DVD sequels.
- The Weinstein Co., The Gotham Group and government of South Korea have joined forces to produce and distribute animated feature films.
- Sundance is open for buisiness - it's time to gear up for '08!
That's it for this week. If you think I've missed a big story, let me know.
Cole Drumb | Guest Contributor
Cole is a movie geek, currently working on his second feature.