You can take the girl out of Long Island, but you apparently can't take the Long Island accent out of Rosie O'Donnell. The new host of The View guest starred on last night's Nip/Tuck as a Pensicola trailer-trash lottery winner named Dawn Budge. O'Donnell was fine in the role, but that accent was far more I'm here visiting my uncle Saul than the needed I just moved out of the trailer park, y'all.
Speaking of money, more of it changes hands in this episode of Nip/Tuck than I think I've seen in any hour of drama. It reaches its pinnacle when Dawn pays Christian $420K for 10 minutes of nookie on his rug, which is backed oh so subtly by the song "Dawn (Go Away)" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons -- which gives us a look in on Christian's thoughts, if in song title only. So what was Christian using all the money he scammed off of Dawn for? To buy freedom for his new boss and lover Michelle. Turns out she's not so free after all, and to the tune of "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones, we see her past (and present?) life as an escort-meets-organ-harvester. War, children ... it's just a shot away.
Playlist: Nip/Tuck - Ep. 405
1. "Money, That's What I Want" - The Flying Lizards (video) - Dawn gets prepped for surgery
2. "Arrabal" - Gotan Project - Christian comes to an understanding with James over Michelle
3. "Mes Vacanes A Rio" - Rinocerose - Dawn shows up at Christian's apartment/discuss her loss of Dwight
4. "Dawn (Go Away)" - Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons - Dawn solves Christian's money problems/have sex
5. "Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling Stones - Michelle picks up a lonely businessman at a hotel bar
gives it to the birds and bees at the blog thus spake drake