Good morning, and happy Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- Fox launches FoxFaith, a division dedicated to producing Christian films for theatrical release. This seems unnecessary -- was I the only one who felt like watching Temptation Island was a religious experience?
- Mel Gibson breaks free of his court-mandated AA meetings for long enough to walk his daughter down the aisle.
- Aaron Carter is engaged to Kari Ann Peniche, a former Miss United States Teen who was stripped of her title after she posed for Playboy. The rumor mill's saying it's a PR stunt to promote his new show, House of Carters, but somehow I don't think the 18-year-old needed a whole lot of convincing.
- Mickey Hargitay, former Mr. Universe and father of Emmy winner Mariska Hargitay, died last week in Los Angeles.
- Rosie O'Donnell is doing exactly what The View hired her to do: make Elisabeth Hasselbeck cry.
The Evil Beet
Celebrity gossip with an evil twist.