Yeezus season is upon us! Although Kanye West's latest album leaked last Friday, today's official release date has created a warm and fuzzy feeling that we can only imagine a Kanye Christmas would feel like. But just like the man himself, the record is quite polarizing. Here's a snapshot of the rap community's reaction to Yeezus as expressed through the wonders of Twitter. God speed.
1. Golden-era rap icons are not down with the Yeezus vibe.
I'm listening to this @kanyewest YEEZUS album, all I can say is "are u serious? " This is EUROTRASH masquerading as RAP. #skirtmusic — Lord Jamar (@lordjamar) June 18, 2013
2. Yeezus works if you're prepping a studio session.
In my room blastin Kanye before I head to the studio.3. Yeezus can solve your relationship problems.
— Swank Sinatra (@DymeADuzin) June 18, 2013
4. Always invoke religious slang when talking about Yeezus.
Ok.. Time to listen to the prophet Yeezus. Brb.
— SKEPTA (@Skepta) June 18, 2013
5. To wit: There's a new holy trinity in town.
COLE JIGGA AND YEEZY IS THEM NIGGAS RIGHT NOW SHUN6. It's all about the new Super Tuesday sales wars!
— oG $wank. (@joeyBADASS_) June 17, 2013
7. Rank Yeezus at your own peril.
8. Yeezus vinyl is the real mystery.
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy: 9 Watch The Throne: 6 Cruel Summer: 8 Yeezus: 7 — DJ Yoda (@DJYodaUK) June 16, 2013
what's the yeezus vinyl going to look like?
— BADBADNOTGOOD (@badbadnotgood) June 18, 2013
9. It's perfect.
daily news gave 'Yeezus' 5 stars #veryrare
— CJ Fly (@FLYestintheeERA) June 17, 2013
10. Golden-era rap icons definitely do not like the Yeezus vibe.
Kanye West does not like black people....
— Dres (@DresBlacksheep) June 13, 2013