This past weekend, Manchester, Tennessee hosted the twelfth annual Bonnaroo music festival and there were many musical moments that filled the four days. Kendrick Lamar kicked out his hardest beats. ZZ Top brought their beards. Baroness chopped through driving heavy metal. Paul McCartney was the man, as always. And of course, it wouldn’t be Bonnaroo without overbearing humidity, show cancellations, and people that are just high as hell. Here’s 10 things from the festival that we thought were just perfect:
1. Police Academy’s Michael Winslow sat in with Animal Collective. Because why not.
2. This amazing “Weird Al” pelvic thrust.
3. Björk was Björk.
5. Nicolas Cage’s giant, floating head.
— (@crustycrustaf) June 16, 2013
6. Ever the humanitarian, Paul McCartney gave Pussy Riot a shout out.
7. The Dancing Spanker. Kacey Musgraves gave a nod to the rock side of country-rock and covered Weezer.
9. Reno 911’s Lt. Jim Dangle and Deputy Travis Junior practiced proper gun safety.
— Joseph Cote (@Joseph_Cote) June 17, 2013