Welcome to MTV Geek’s daily round-up of all things GEEK from the weird, wild world of the web! Got a cool link? Share it with us on Twitter at twitter.com/mtvgeek!
In this episode: Logan can’t sleep, Oklahoma relief efforts, Batman kills people, and more!
– GREY NIGHTMARES! Logan can’t sleep in the latest “Wolverine” trailer. Plus you can head to Splash Page for a pair of styligh new posters featuring Wolvie’s gal Yukio and baddie Viper.
– YOU CAN HELP! Here’s how you can assist in recovery efforts after the Oklahoma Tornado.
– DID BATMAN JUST KILL THAT GUY? Here’s the trailer for “Batman: Arkham Origins” and it looks crazy awesome, but Batman doesn’t kill people…right?
– HAVE YOU HEARD THAT “REGULAR SHOW” IS POPULAR? “Regular Show” #1 sold out and gets a second printing. Here’s the new cover!
– ONE MILLION SHUT UPS! Kevin Keller shares his first kiss in an upcoming Archie Comic. Writer/artist Dan Parent discusses how he created the issue as a response to the group One Million Moms and their issues with Kevin’s wedding. Parent said:
We certainly pride ourselves on being contemporary, but that’s not the reason why we’re showing ‘The Kiss.’ Just like when Kevin first told Jughead he was gay, it was in the natural course of conversation…” “We are creating this in the same way. It’s just part of the story.
– ROBINSON SPLITS! “Earth 2” writer James Robinson exits the title, and therefore exits DC Comics. Saying:
So as of today I am leaving Earth 2 with Issue #16. It’s been a blast.” “Yes, this also means I’m no longer working at DC Comics. Best wishes and regards to Dan, Geoff and everyone.
– MUST READ! CBR takes a look at the sad legacy of Batman co-creator Bill Finger and his work on the ’66 “Batman” series.
Probably you already know about Batman, Bob Kane, and Bill Finger. But it bears repeating that the lion’s share of the creative work on the character of Batman– his world, his methods and equipment, his background, his origin, his supporting cast, most of his villains, etc., etc.– Bill Finger made all that stuff up, created it out of nothing. Not Bob Kane. Despite the fact that legally, DC is required to note “Batman created by Bob Kane” on all its Batman books. And all the Batman TV shows and movies and everything else too. Read on for more.
– THE TRAILER FOR ’EPISODE 7’ IS HERE! Patton Oswalt’s amazing improv rant about the Marvel/”Star Wars” crossover plot of “Episode VII” gets animated!
’Til tomorrow, gang!