This week on our exclusive Game of Thrones recap series 'Cooking With Thrones', host Steven Smith is joined by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel, the author of the official Game of Thrones cookbook, 'A Feast of Ice & Fire'. Plus, they're recapping the latest episode of the show, "Walk of Punishment," and baking Hot Pie's Direwolf Scones!
And in case that wasn't instructional enough for you, here's the recipe:
HOT PIE'S DIREWOLF SCONES
Recipe courtesy Chelsea Monroe-Cassel
2 cups flour
1/4 cups sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4-1 cup cream or milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend all the ingredients except the currants, adding milk/cream as necessary until you can form a dough ball.
3. Roll the ball out with your hands until it's about 1/2" thick, round.
4. Cut out direwolf shapes - or any shape you prefer!
5. Add currants for the eyes... If you're making a House Stark logo scone, use slivered almonds for the teeth!
6. Bake 15 minutes on a lightly greased baking sheet, then cool and serve!
...And the best part is, while you sleep you might skin-walk in the body in the scones! We'll see you back here next week at 10pm for more cooking, and more thrones; but in the meantime, be sure to check out the first episode with guest Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell):
And here's episode 2, with guest John Bradley (Samwell Tarly):