By Kendra Beltran
“Vampire Diaries” star Ian Somerhalder got musical and personal at SXSW down in Austin, TX. That boy was all over the place, from the Warner Bros. Tell-A-Vision experience where he took time answering a handful of Twitter questions from lucky fans that tweeted #TweetMeIan, to visiting with the Grumpy Cat.
First the Twitter question rundown. If you missed any of these cute little videos that were posted on YouTube, then you better have had a good excuse. In case you did, I got your back with the highlights.
1. The best advice Ian ever received is “say what you mean and mean what you say.”
2. Ian called the scene that’s been the most challenging to shoot on TVD “cathartic and beautiful.” It came from season 2 when Damon was breaking down and confessed to some random girl how he missed being human.
3. If he could pick anywhere in the world to shoot TVD it’d be between Paris and the Caribbean.
4. On average it takes 8-10 days to shoot one episode of TVD.
5. Ian and Damon have two big things in common, a love of Bourbon and a knack for having a good time.
6. Ian’s foundation ISF wasn’t a spur of the moment idea. After he felt so helpless BP oil spill, he never wanted to feel that way again and did something about it.
7. Ian loves fan art, so keep it coming!
After Ian was kind enough to let fans pick his brain, he got to be a fanboy himself and meet a famous…cat? Yup, anyone who’s anyone knows the viral hit Grumpy Cat, known by hardcore fans as Tardar Sauce (her real name). Grumpy Cat was doing a public appearance at the Mashable House at SXSW and Ian wasn’t going to miss out.
Ian couldn’t contain his excitement and tweeted a picture of him and Ms. Grumpy with the caption, “This cat is kind of amazing…” He also said later, “That’s my new love and she is a sweetie pie with beautiful eyes, I might add.” Is it weird to be jealous of a cat?
Stay tuned for more “Vampire Diaries” coverage at MTV Geek!