Welcome to MTV Geek’s daily round-up of all things GEEK from the weird, wild world of the web! Got a cool link? Share it with us on Twitter at twitter.com/mtvgeek!
– MALEKITH! Here’s your first look at Christopher Eccleston as the baddie in the upcoming “Thor: The Dark World.”
– VADER’S GOT A BODY PORT! Did you know David Cronenberg was approached to direct “Jedi?”
I was approached by Lucasfilm about that and it didn’t take them long to realize that maybe that wasn’t a good idea.
Which reminds me of David Lynch’s fantastic story about the migraine he experienced when Lucas offered him the “Jedi” gig as well.
“I had to go to this building in LA first and had to get a special credit card, and a special key, and a letter came, and a map. Then I went to the airport, and I flew up… ….He talked to me for a little bit, and then he said, ‘I want to show you something.’ Now right about this time, I started to get a little bit of a headache. So he took me upstairs, and he showed me these things called ‘wookies.’ And now, this headache is getting stronger. He showed me many animals and different things. Then he took me in a ride in his Ferrari for lunch. And George is kinda short, and his seat was back, and he was almost lying down in this little car, and we were flying through this little town in Northern California. We went to a restaurant, not that I don’t like salad, but that’s all they had, was salad…”
– BEST OF 2012! Amazon collected the best graphic novels of the year. So happy to see “The Hive” make the cut.
– THE D IS SILENT! Check out some character posters for Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” I’m so pumped for this sucker.
– DEL TORO’S SLAUGHTERHOUSE? Guillermo del Toro and Charlie Kaufman were working on an adaptation of “Slaughterhouse 5?”
I will tell you, my idea was to get Charlie Kaufman to write it. And I spoke to Charlie Kaufman about it and we came up with an idea on how to approach it, which I thought was very, very interesting. But, it was right at the time I went and started “Pacific Rim.” So the studio, they didn’t want to invest in that project if it was not going to be my next movie. So, you know, it gradually cooled a little bit. But the exact take I proposed to Charlie Kaufman is the exact take I would do with the material.
– RATED G! Check out Justin White’s awesome scenes from movies as animation cells. This one from “Fargo” is my favorite. Head to /Film for more.
’Til tomorrow, gang!