You've been creating new characters every time you play, so why not share a personal favorite? As part of the new Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms comic book series launching in April, IDW and Wizards of the Coast are teaming up to run a fan-created character contest. This partnership offers fans the chance to see an original creation brought to life in the hands of series writer Ed Greenwood, who will be part of the judging panel alongside representatives from both companies.
Taking a peek into the fine print, we see that potential entrants are specifically instructed not to create a a god, goddess, demigod, or an already-existing Forgotten Realms character. Adherence to this rule constitutes 50% of the potential points an entry can get, with the remaining share split between originality and creativity.
The WotC website lists full details and rules of the competition, including the following grand prize pack description:
- Inclusion of the selected winning character in a forthcoming issue of the Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms comic written by Ed Greenwood and published by IDW.
- One (1) set of Retailer Incentive Cover issues #1-6 of the Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realmscomic book series published by IDW ($24.00).
- A copy of the Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms issue their character appears in signed by Ed Greenwood. ($4.00).
- One (1) copy of Lords of Waterdeep board game ($50.00).
- One (1) copy of Dungeons & Dragons: Shadowplague published by IDW ($25.00).
- One (1) copy of Dungeons & Dragons: First Encounters published by IDW ($25.00).
- One (1) copy of the 10th Anniversary Collector Edition of R.A. Salvatore’s War of the Spider Queen Vol. I ($16.00).
Getting your character into the comic book is reward enough, but you've got $144 in product to take home as well, while three runners-up will also receive a smaller selection of the above items worth $78. So what are you waiting for? Entries must be received by February 10th.