Ok, how many of you have seen it from start to end? How many own it? I caved and bought myself a bootleg copy. I had friends over to watch it and we came up with a drinking game to make it a smoother watch, but sadly the alcohol did not help out and we were pained to the end. Why George why?
To his defense, George reportedly said at an Australian fan convention, “If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it.” I personally heard Carrie Fisher tell an audience that she puts on the Star Wars Holiday Special when she’s having a party and she wants people to leave. Ouch. So the team here at MTV Geek has helped me come up with 8 ideas that could have happened had George been less involved in all of Star Wars!
1. Lightsaber Back Massager – use the Force wisely with this back massager, it will ”lighten up” any tight muscles you have from a hard day of defending the Rebellion. Also available in travel-size.
2. Star Wars Holiday Special in Concert – Step aside Donny and Marie Osmond, THIS is the Christmas spectacular to see this season! Starring Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Jefferson Starship and Diahann Carroll.
3. Jedi Mind Trick Motivational Tapes – Hear Yoda, Ben and Anakin give you inspirational advice as you fly in your X-wing to and from work. Use the Force – the beginner series and Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try – Advanced tape set, not recommended for Padawans.
4. Carbonite Casket – Ensure your loved ones are properly stored for possible future life extension, just like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky.
5. Wampa Fur Coat – made from Fare Trade Bolivian sheep wool, curl up cozy style with this coat in any Hoth ice cave.
6. Tauntaun Dissection Kit – Give this to your kid to figure out if he has any Jeffrey Dahmer tendencies early on.
7. Life Day Energy Drink – Having a hard time rolling out of your warm tauntaun? Feeling the Force sucked out of you? Knock down one of these and you’ll be doing kartwheels in your Jedi cloak down the hallways of the Deathstar.
8. Rancor Mouthwash – Doesn’t it “kill” you every time your pet Rancor roars at you? Rank Rancor breath no more!
All of us at MTV Geek wish you a HAPPY LIFE DAY and Happy Holidays! Sing it Carrie!!