When this week started, "Spider-Man" was looking for a director, there was still a chance Superman could make a cameo in the "Green Lantern" movie, and the "Tonight Show" drama was still escalating with Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. Now, just a few days later, the upcoming "Spider-Man" reboot has a filmmaker (and he has some great ideas about source material), we know that Clark Kent won't be appearing alongside Hal Jordan on the big screen, and the biggest story of the week from the TV world didn't involve Leno or O'Brien.
But that's not all of the surprises in this week's recap. Read on for the Top 10 Stories of the Week — because they might surprise you!
10. Joseph Gordon-Levitt said he was "honored and flattered" to be one of the actors whose name is being thrown around for the Peter Parker role.
9. James Cameron called the "Spider-Man" directing gig "sloppy seconds" when asked if he'd be interested in taking over Spidey's franchise.
8. Marc Webb told MTV News that he's a fan of "Ultimate Spider-Man" — just hours before being announced as the new Spidey director.
7. "Green Lantern" director Martin Campbell finally laid to rest the question of whether Superman would make a cameo alongside Hal Jordan.
6. "Twilight: The Graphic Novel"? Come on, you knew it had to happen.
5. TV isn't the only place Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien have seen action. We gave you their comics cameos, too!
4. An early report had Marc Webb pegged for a three-movie deal with "Spider-Man."
3. Do these new "Iron Man 2" toys reveal Tony Stark's robot foes?
2. Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien's "Tonight Show" drama went superhero in this animated video.
And our top story of the week was...
1. Our review of the "Human Target" pilot episode (appropriately titled "Pilot")!
What was your favorite story of the week? Let us know in the comment section or on Twitter!