While this week ended on a somber note with the deaths of both Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, there were a few positive notes in this week's headlines.
But that doesn't mean everything was rosy on the comic book movie front, though.
- In our top story of the week, Christian Bale expressed some doubt about the likelihood of seeing another Batman movie, depressing legions of Bat-fans everywhere.
- Even though other movie media outlets keep proclaiming that there's no interest in another "Unbreakable" movie, M. Night Shyamalan's comments regarding his interest in a sequel generated a lot of interest from readers, too -- to the tune of our second most popular story of the week!
... But wait, there's more!
- Michael Jackson was not only a comic book fan and collector, but did you know he almost bought Marvel Comics, too?
- On the subject of Shyamalan, we debuted the new trailer for his upcoming adaptation of "The Last Airbender" -- and it looks like everyone was eager for peek!
- A comic book with a theme song? I was skeptical, but you proved me wrong, folks. Our debut of the music video for Marvel editor Nick Lowe's "Runaways Theme Song" was a bona fide hit!
- Johnny Depp addressed those pesky Riddler rumors, so here's hoping we actually get a third Batman movie.
- "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" star Tyrese Gibson told us all about his new comic, "Mayhem," but also dropped some comments about potential roles in "Luke Cage" and "Captain America," too.
- Did you catch our list of five must-read "Transformers" comics?
- Finally, Vanessa Hudgens told us which "ass-kicking women" she'd like to bring to the big screen in an exclusive video interview.