This week started off with a bang, but quieted down to a more manageable insanity as the days passed -- but that's the way things usually go after the MTV Movie Awards. Here's how the week looked as far as top stories and most popular posts:
- When Ryan Reynolds talks about the characters he'd like to bring to a "Deadpool" solo movie, people perk up -- to the tune of the week's most popular post!
- Licensing Expo kicked off this week, and we got the first look at bunches of new logos and promotional material for the upcoming Marvel Studios movies, as well "Scott Pilgrim" and "Spider-Man 4"!
- Heath Ledger's win in the "Best Villain" category of the MTV Movie Awards was the lone bright spot in an awards show that saw bunches of comic book movies nominated, but only Ledger's performance taking home a Golden Popcorn.
- I'll admit being a bit surprised by the massive popularity of a post on "Earth 2100" -- a special on climate change that featured art by popular NYC-based webcomic collective Act-I-Vate. But the numbers don't lie, folks -- it was a hit!
- Our exclusive peek at one of the special features from the retail release of "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along" Blog" had Joss Whedon fans (and everyone else) tuning in.
- We gave you a sneak peek at our "Iron Man 2" set visit and your attention bumped the post into the week's top stories, so keep it locked for more in the coming weeks!
- "Batman and Robin" #1 hit shelves, and our list of our favorite alternate versions of Batman was a hit with readers. Coincidence? I think not.
- Kenneth Branagh shared some thoughts about his inspiration for "Thor," and at this point, we're excited about any news whatsoever when it comes to Marvel's Thunder God!
That's about it for this week, everyone! I'll be at the MoCCA Arts Festival in New York City this weekend, so I'll have some updates for you from the show next week!