When Joss Whedon first launched his online musical miniseries "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" last year, it was pretty obvious that the project was something special. Between the experimental method for delivering the series to fans, the low-budget production with high-profile stars, and the terribly addictive songs, there was no shortage of attention heaped on the project -- and for good reason. In short, it was one of the Internet highlights of 2008.
The "Dr. Horrible" DVD hits shelves tomorrow, and along with collecting the entire miniseries on one disc, the DVD also contains over 90 minutes of bonus material -- including an introduction to the "Evil League of Evil," the organization to which Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris) strives to prove his villainous worth. Here's an exclusive clip:
The rest of the DVD's bonus features all tend to keep in line with the project's tongue-in-cheek (and musical) fun, too.
Here's what else you'll find on the DVD:
- Commentary with the cast and creators
- “Commentary! The Musical”: 42 minutes of all new music where the cast and creators ignore the movie and sing about the writers’ strike…and each other
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of the movie and the music
- The top 10 video applications submitted by fans who want to join the Evil League of Evil
- Three Easter eggs: blooper reel, rehearsal footage, and up-close-and-personal interviews with the members of the Evil League of Evil
The "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" DVD hits shelves Tuesday, June 2, and retails for $14.95.
What do you think of this special feature from "Dr. Horrible"? Any other features you're looking forward to on the DVD? Any features you wish they included?