Just in time for the holidays, Universal will be releasing a Special Limited Edition Collectors Set for this summer's surprise comic book film hit, "Wanted." And for that Angelina Jolie fan in your life (or, ya know, actual fans of the Mark Millar/J.G. Jones comic book), the set looks to be the perfect gift.
While we briefly mentioned a few of the features and inserts included with the "Wanted" special edition DVD set in a previous post, Universal has released everything fans of the film can expect today, including a shot of the set which looks absolutely amazing. Check out everything that's in store for that wanna-be assassin on your shopping list after the jump.
For the "Wanted" Special Limited Edition Collectors Set, fans can check out over an hour of extra footage, which includes...
- Extended Scene – Be the first to view this killer extended scene from "Wanted."
- Cast and Characters – Go behind the scenes with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann and Common as they discuss their roles in the film and their experiences on set.
- "Stunts on the L Train" – Stunt coordinators Nick Gillard and Mic Rodgers explain how cast members Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy performed the astounding elevated train stunt sequence.
- "Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible" – Special effects supervisor Dominic Tuohy explains how his team pulled off the stunning special effects throughout the film and how Angelina Jolie contributed to the action.
- "Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution" – A look at how the spectacular visual effects in the film were pre-visualized and executed.
- "The Origins of 'Wanted': Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life" – Creator Mark Millar, producer Marc Platt, director Timur Bekmambetov and screenwriters Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan discuss the original graphic novel and the process of adapting it for the big screen.
- "Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov" – A video portrait of director Timur Bekmambetov, featuring interviews with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common, producer Marc Platt and the director himself.
- "'Wanted": Motion Comics" – Watch as the graphic novel comes to life on screen with narration and sound effects.
- "The Making of Wanted: The Game"
- “The Little Things” Music Video Mash-Up
In addition to the standard DVD version of the set, Universal will also be releasing a limited edition Blu-ray set, which boasts even more special features, including...
- Alternate Opening – View this exclusive alternate opening, only on Blu-ray Hi-Def.
- Exclusive U-Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- Wanted: Motion Comics: See how the graphic novel compares to the movie in this real-time, side-by-side exclusive
- Scene Explorer: Explore the onscreen action from up to three different perspectives in this multi-angle feature.
- Assassins Profile: Get the high-tech low-down on each assassin’s strengths, weapons, and position with your own in-movie surveillance system.
- Picture in Picture: Access cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes moments while you watch the film.
- BD-Live: The new technology that allows viewers to connect to the Internet and access new exciting exclusive online and interactive features.
- My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Wanted on Blu-ray Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
- My Wanted Commentary: Connect and Create. Ever wish you could create your own play-by-play movie commentary to share with friends? Here’s your chance. UniversalHiDef.com and the BD-Live Center combine to offer you the opportunity to create your own video, audio, or text commentary that you can share with all of your Buddies in the BD-Live community.
- My Scenes Sharing: Show your friends your favorite scenes from Wanted via BD-Live.
Will you be picking up the "Wanted" Limited Edition Collector's Set? Are you a fan of these limited edition box sets?