The end of 2010 is almost upon us, which is why MTV News is rounding up the Top Songs of 2010. We had over two dozen MTV News staffers submit their own personal lists of their 25 favorite songs, and from those lists we derived a master list whose top 10 will be slowly rolling out over the course of this week. Check out one of the 25 lists below, with an argument or two for the greatness of some of the under-appreciated tunes of the year.
By Jocelyn Vena, with some help from her girl Christina Garibaldi
1. "OMG," Usher
2. "Telephone," Lady Gaga featuring Beyoncé
3. "Runaway," Kanye West
4. "Mine," Taylor Swift
This track the type of song that girls would listen to on repeat at sleepovers. It also has Swift finally singing about adult relationships, which means that anyone can relate to it. That's really what makes it a great pop song.
5. "Love the Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna
6. "Fancy," Drake featuring Swizz Beatz
7. "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love," Usher
8. "California Gurls," Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg
9. "I Like It," Enrique Iglesias
10. "Alejandro," Lady Gaga
11. "Dynamite," Taio Cruz
12. "Somebody to Love," Justin Bieber
Whether or not you are a Bieber fan, "Somebody To Love" was his bid for Usher's throne. Let's put it another way: If Usher released it, you probably wouldn't be ashamed to love it.
13. "Tik Tok," Ke$ha
14. "F--- You," Cee-Lo Green
15. "Just Haven't Met You Yet," Michael Buble
16. "Nothin' on You," B.o.B featuring Bruno Mars
17. "Airplanes," B.o.B featuring Haley Williams of Paramore
18. "Whip My Hair," Willow Smith
19. "Teenage Dream," Katy Perry
20. "Rude Boy," Rihanna
21. "Your Love Is My Drug," Ke$ha
22. "Dog Days Are Over," Florence & the Machine
This track is a little weird sonically and lyrically, but it managed to permeate the pop world thanks to an appearance in the "Eat, Pray, Love" trailers and Florence Welch's super cool voice and persona.
23. "The Only Exception," Paramore
Hayley Williams sings about heartbreak and love better than most people double her age, so when she meets that guy that breaks down her walls, we want to believe they can make it work.
24. "Shake," Jesse McCartney
Jesse has always been on the cusp of crossing over into a full-fledged adult pop star, and this song has just as much swagger and charm as your average Justin Timberlake release (and that guy doesn't even make records any more). Bottom line: give it another listen.
25. "Unthinkable," Alicia Keys featuring Drake