After a grueling couple of days, we finally have the details surrounding the first few dates of the hotly anticipated tour that will bring together Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block. All nine guys sat down with Ryan Seacrest on Monday (November 8th) to talk about their 2011 tour.
Seacrest announced that the nonet will hit up Toronto on Thursday, June 9. Following that, they'll hit up Long Island's Nassau Coliseum on Saturday June 11 and roll to New Jersey's Izod Center on Sunday, June 12. They'll then hop to Chicago for a show at the United Center on Friday June 17. The tour will also land in Los Angeles on Friday, July 11 at the Staples Center. Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell added they are working on more dates, and hope to add some international dates as well.
"It's great. It really is. It's amazing," Backstreet's Nick Carter said. New Kid Donnie Wahlberg added, "The beauty of this show is they can expect Backstreet Boys to sing their hits. They can expect us to sing our hits [and then] the surprises. I can't wait. I cant wait."
Two big questions did arise when the guys sat down. First, would Kevin Richardson make any appearances (as he did on Oprah last week)? And second, would the be recording any fresh material together any time soon?
As far as Richardson goes, the answer went like this: "I can't answer for him and I know he's in a good place right now," Littrell said. "He left us almost five years now. He did a special thing for Oprah and the fans. Again that's his decision. [But he can join us]." (The New Kids are pushing for him to join the tour, FYI.)
In regards to recording music, New Kid Joey McIntyre explained, "It's tough getting these guys in the studio. These young cats. Well, it's honestly, it is tough to get everybody together. Yes we have lots of great intentions." (Danny Wood is totally into a duet, FYI.)
On what songs should Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block collaborate? Let us know in the comments!