It’s been 18 years since I first met the West Beverly gang, and eight years since I had to say goodbye. Brenda and Dylan, Kelly and Brandon, Donna and David — I spent every Wednesday night with those guys! (Steve and Andrea tagged along too. … Ehh.) In just a few days, thanks to the CW’s new “”90210,” I will be reunited with two members of the old gang, mid-series addition Matt (who dated and almost married Kelly), Jessica Walter (a.k.a. Lucille Bluth from “Arrested Development” — is this a dream?!) and a bunch of strangers that I have yet to accept as part of the group.
Here are the top 10 things I, an avid (OK, very obsessed) “Beverly Hills, 90210” fan, am looking forward to:
10. The new West Beverly High. A new cafeteria? Did the school go green? Will David’s half brother Aaron Silver — yes he’s on the new season — be the school DJ?
9. Finding out who is currently living in the Walsh’s house. (Virtually every member of the old season got some time calling it home.)
8. Some hot and heavy text-messaging.
7. Internet access at the Peach Pit.
6. Brenda getting held up at gunpoint again at the Peach Pit.
5. Jessica Walter in all of her dysfunctional Lucille glory — I can only hope that she winks at that medicine bottle again — taking over alcoholic-mother duties from Kelly’s mom. Remember the fashion show in season one?
4. Ray Pruitt (Donna’s scary musician ex-boyfriend) making a cameo and throwing another girl down the stairs.
3. Not being reunited with Andrea Zuckerman, unless she owns up and plays someone’s grandma.
2. The whole group getting together to watch “Gossip Girl.”
1. The return of Dylan McKay.
OK, OK, I know some of these things are a little far fetched, but a girl can dream, right? All in all, while I’m excited, I have to admit that I’m a little disappointed that only Jennie Garth and Shannen Doherty are returning from the original crew for now. Then again, those two certainly caused the most drama onscreen, and one of them caused more than her share offscreen. It’s looking like an exciting fall! I’ll be back to give my input after the premiere on September 2.
In the meantime, what are you guys looking forward to seeing in the updated series? And what do you hope they’ll do without?