Crimes and courts edition
· Ex-Phish frontman Trey Anastasio caught a break on Wednesday, when a judge reduced his sentence to three years' probation after the singer successfully completed a drug-court program.
· Kanye West, Method Man, Redman, Common and their record labels were sued Thursday by the estate of late jazz musician Joe Farrell, for allegedly sampling "Upon This Rock" without permission.
· Good news for troubled rapper DMX: A judge vacated a $1.5 million judgment that was brought against him in January after a jury sided with a woman who claimed the MC defamed her in a magazine interview.
· Phil Spector will suit up again on September 29 when his retrial on murder charges begins.
· Poison drummer Rikki Rockett has been exonerated on a felony rape charge in Mississippi. Turns out he wasn't even in the state when the incident took place.