· We don't know what's more shocking, that songwriter-for-hire Linda Perry is suing Warner Music Group for $5 million over alleged lost royalties from James Blunt’s Back to Bedlam record, or the fact that the album has sold 11 million copies and brought $100 million in to Atlantic Records? $100 million!
· According to the Associated Press, a court commissioner ruled Wednesday that Britney Spears' father will continue to control the embattled pop star's finances and estate for another five months; his co-conservatorship's been extended to July 31. James Spears was named co-conservator of Britney's estate following her hospitalization back in January, which led to Spears' losing custody of her young sons, Jayden James, 1, and Sean Preston, 2, to ex-husband Kevin Federline.
· Every time you use Facebook, you make him more rich. Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, is the youngest ever self-made millionaire. Ever!
· Forget Rihanna, we want to see a Kanye West/Morris Day hook-up at this year’s Essence Festival in New Orleans. Also on the bill: Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott and Chris Rock. Chris Rock!
· Fresh from rehab, Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland, pleaded innocent on Wednesday to driving under the influence of drugs. Pleaded innocent!
· Time to practice your twirling, and dust off those backless Guatemalan peasant dresses. Not only is the Dave Matthews Band hitting the road this summer, they’re in the studio with Green Day producer Rob Cavallo working on a new record. New Record!
· Speaking of passing one down, it’s hard to believe, but the Jammy Awards are just now getting around to giving Phish a lifetime achievement trophy this year.