“Hannah Montana” herself Miley Cyrus deleted her popular Twitter account today. Following the tweet, “FYI Liam doesn’t have a twttr & he wants ME 2 delete mine w/ gd reason,” @MileyCyrus disappeared from the micro-blogging site, along with @MommyTish, the Twitter handle used by her mom.
Miley’s near two million followers have been vocal about the Disney star deleting her account, posting Tweets like “!!! nooo!!! she can’t delete her twitter!!!! twitter IS miley cyrus!!” and “I can not believe that Miley Cyrus deleted her twitter account.” In fact, #mileycomeback is the top trending topic on Twitter right now.
In memory of the “7 Things” singer’s funny, frank (and sometimes way too personal) 140-words-or-less missives, we’ve rounded up our favorite seven tweets (after the jump) from the songstress’ seemingly too-short time on the social networking site. R.I.P.@MileyCyrus, we miss you already!
1. “Gave a hug to Rob Pattinson today. Ok girls I get it now. So cute. Sorry “Robby” bout all my bashing in my past :)”
2. “For all the people calling me the “next Britney” THANK U. I couldn’t ask for a better compliment : )”
3. “I wonder if when ’sleeping beauty’ wakes up she has morning breath?”
4. “Had my nightly cup of tea & now its time to go off into some crazy dreamland! I hope I am dating Peter Pan again! That’s my favorite dream!”
5. “It might be hard to say good-bye but I’m finally able to fly. You weren’t nothing but a waste of time. I’m headed for the sky.”
6. “i bought hair dye at ralphs and colored my own hair! and surprisingly it is my FAV color ever! Miley Cyrus = singer/actress/ hairdresser”
7. “Do you ever have those days that you just wanna SCREAM! Today is my day! Grrr!!! This is my twitter scream! TWWWEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!”
Are you sad Miley quit Twitter? What other celebs should we starting following in order to replace the hole Miley left?