Summertime, aka "the season in which no garment is safe from a randomly missing piece of fabric," is officially here, y'all. Since cutouts made their resurgence back in 2010, designers have been trying to get a bit more, um, creative with the whole hole trend (heh), and it's officially gotten out of control. Now, we're not saying we'd never wear cutouts (we're not sweaty monsters, jeez), but here are some pieces that we'll very politely decline for the time being.
1. THE APPARENTLY-POCKETS-ARE-USELESS CUTOUT
Photo: Urban Outfitters
Tip: Give these pocketless shorts to someone you hate because there's a 99% chance they'll end up with a broken iPhone and a case of the ugly cries.
2. THE PIT-STANK-RELEASE CUTOUT
We really, really don't like how we feel when we stare at armpits through tiny slits for too long.
3. THE JUST-BUY-SHORTS-NEXT-TIME CUTOUT
Photo: On The Block
When your pants are missing this much fabric, just don't even bother wearing pants.
4. THE BOYCOTT-BOOB-SWEAT CUTOUT
Somehow this dress makes us feel even more uncomfortable than boob sweat does in the first place.
5. THE LET'S-JUST-TIE-THIS-SLEEVE-ON-REAL-QUICK CUTOUT
6. THE WE-GET-IT-YOU-LIKE-CUTOUTS CUTOUT
I mean, think of how many times she poked her head/arm through the wrong hole to get that thing on. Rude.
7. THE LOOK-AT-MY-NEW-BELLY-BUTTON-PIERCING CUTOUT
Here's a thought: Try a crop top.
8. THE I-DIDN'T-DO-LAUNDRY CUTOUT
Ran out of underwear because you were too lazy to do laundry? No problem. See above.