Emma Watson wears Brood to the 2012 MTV Movie Awards.
Photo: Getty Images
Excuse us while we channel our inner-Chandler Bing, but could Emma Watson BE any cuter? We don’t think so. What other girl could move to seamlessly from one year at the MTV Movie Awards wearing the hyper-feminine/opulent designs of Marchesa to pulling a complete 180 in a surf-inspired mini-dress courtesy of emerging NYC designer Brood. You may remember Emma teasing earlier this week, tweeting that she would be wearing a “new designer” to this year’s MMAs. Welp, here it is! The Perks of Being a Wallflower leading lady fully embraced the sporty trend with this unexpected number, and we could not be more in love.
The print alone is worth a post of its own, with a marbled purple and white as the base and accent panels of undulating blues that mimic the ripple effect of waves. The dress features a racer front neckline and a summer-ready open T-back/. Along with the effortlessly cool pattern and the on-trend silhouette, Brood infuses a GRIP of interesting details into this chic dress, from the eye-catching angled peplum to the sporty black piping (which is actually black plastic zippers!!). Not only are we 100 percent lusting after this refreshing dress, but we also really love that Emma is branching out and supporting new and emerging designers. #girlcrush
2012 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Kristen Stewart Changes From Heels Into Converse At Movie Awards
• Emma Stone And Andrew Garfield Are Cutest Couple At The Movie Awards
• The Best Dressed Of The 2012 MTV Movie Awards
• Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Julia Jones And More Sport Peplums At MTV Movie Awards
• Nikki Reed, Kristen Stewart, Crystal Reed, And Christina Ricci Rock Metallic Dresses At Movie Awards
• Movie Awards 2012 Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog