Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez at the VMAs.
Photo: Getty Images
• At the VMAs, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez melted faces with their dark, chic, silky style, and Lady Gaga showed up as her menswear-adorned alter ego “Jo Calderone.” Though Selena ’n’ Biebs are from the more uptown style spectrum and Gaga is a downtown misfit, all are mind-blowingly awesome.
• Nicki Minaj’s VMA outfit paid homage to the candy ravers of yore, and we broke down her outfit piece-by-crazy-piece. Judging from all of the comments we got, this was the most hotly debated outfit in VMA history.
• Harry Potter boys Rupert Grint and Tom Felton looked positively magical in the new Band of Outsiders campaign. Their mischievous, well-dressed escapades at The Magic Castle in L.A. put a spell on us.
• Lady Gaga slammed fashion critics in her latest column for V magazine. We wondered if her astute observations would start a revolution.
• Taylor Lautner glistened on the cover of V Man magazine. We’re still cripplingly entranced by his stare-through-our-souls intensity.
• Lil Wayne wore stretchy ladies leopard pants while performing at the VMAs. He was probably quite comfortable while doing so, though.
• Snooki brought bangs back again with some shots of a new fringe-y haircut via Twitter. Even though she’s had this hair style before, we still think it looks, uh, bangin’.