The cast of the “Jersey Shore” at the 2011 VMAs.
Photo: Picture Group
The cast of the Jersey Shore arrived (whew!) at the VMAs in the wake of hurricanes both literal and metaphorical. They were—as always—tanned and buffed despite the otherwise cloudy skies that have been dominating their native New Jersey environs, and they stepped up the WOWW (sorry, had to) fashion factor in a captivating array of sparkles, animal prints, and dark ’n’ brooding suits. But were the boys tipping their nonexistent hats toward their rain-soaked summer home with this somber choice? Or were they stormy due to a different “situation”?
Both Deena and JWOWW proudly displayed MAXIMUM SEQUIN SPARKLE POWER with their shiny, multicolored (hello, Rainbow D) mini dresses that we assume were intended to DAZZLE atop the black carpet. (Well done, ladies, we don’t think anyone can look away!) Sammi, however, opted for a short (obvs), trend-tastic animal-print dress with hair cascading Rapunzel-style off one shoulder, and Snooki showed off an appliquéd, firebird dress with sparkly platforms.
The boys wore DARK suits, collectively, accentuated with a red shirt by Ronnie, a gingham one by Vinny, and a noir-ish double-black ensemble courtesy of Pauly D. Are we missing anybody? Oh, yes, it appears as if a gentleman by the name of Mike “The Situation” was notably absent from these civilized proceedings. No doubt he would have elevated this photo-op with a little Abercrombie magic (HAR HAR) or perhaps a glimpse at one of his new, signature tuxedos. Alas, in the aftermath of the fight heard ’round the world (or at least bouncing off the ancient walls in Florence) between The Sitch and Ronnie—with a possible HOSPITAL visit for our absent tribesman—we’re thinking this photo call was incomplete on purpose. Sigh, what sartorial salubriousness we might have witnessed.
+ What do you think The Situation would have been wearing?
2011 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Full Anatomy Of Nicki Minaj’s Candy Raver Outfit
• Which Selena Gomez VMA Dress Did You Like Better?
• Terry Richardson Shoots Lady Gaga As Jo Calderone In His VMA Dressing Room
• Justin Bieber Channels Kanye West’s VMA Performance Outfit From Last Year
• Who Tried To Out-Gaga Lady Gaga With Dramatic Silhouettes At The VMAs?
• Justin Bieber, Jay-Z, And Lil Wayne Work Animal Print At The VMAs
• Katy Perry Switches Up Nail Art During VMA Show!
• From Beyonce To Demi Lovato: The 10 Best VMA Outfits Of The Night
• Jersey Shore Cast’s VMA Style Matches; But What Was The Situation Wearing?
• Deena Matches Eyes To Rainbow Dress At 2011 VMAs
• Wiz Khalifa And Amber Rose Sport White To The VMAs
• The Red Carpet Fashion From The 2011 Video Music Awards
• Kanye West Rocks VMA Ombre Chambray
• Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Melt Faces With Their Dark, Chic, Silky VMA Style
• Katy Perry Wears A Yellow Block On Her Head For the 2011 Video Music Awards
• We Are Obsessed with Adele’s Long VMA Nails
• Does Jo Calderone Look Like Ralph Macchio?
• VMA 2011: Red Carpet Report With Kreayshawn
• A Pregnant Beyonce Stuns, Glows In Lanvin Dolce and Gabbana
• Katy Perry’s Asian-Inspired 2011 VMA Ensemble
• Nicki Minaj Wears Stylish Surgical Mask At 2011 VMAs
• Lady Gaga Opens The 2011 VMAs In Menswear As Alter Ego ’Jo Calderone’
• VMA 2011: Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog!