Lady Gaga performing at the 2011 VMAs and Ralph Macchio from “Karate Kid.”
Photo: Getty Images/Columbia Pictures
So, remember when Lady Gaga opened the 2011 VMAs as her alter ego/manself Jo Calderone? And she looked kind of oddly hot—like a potty-mouthed, broken, soul-searching, young boy on the quest for self-discovery? Yeah, well, in her rolled-up Uniqlo white tee and baggy Brooks Brothers pants, she/he kind of reminded us of someone ELSE who was a little rough around the edges—The Karate Kid. And no, we’re not talking about the remake here, people. We’re talking about the rough-n-tumble ORIGINAL Ralph Macchio Karate Kid shining in all his 1984 glory. He’s got the printed bandana, same relaxed rolled-up-sleeves white shirt, and high-waisted baggy pants as Gaga. Plus, that SAME shaggy black ’do and chillax attitude is just TOO MUCH for us. They’re the same. We’re convinced.
+ Do you think Lady Gaga looks like The Karate Kid?
+ WATCH LADY GAGA’S LIVE PERFORMANCE OF ’YOU AND I’ AT THE 2011 VMAS!!!
2011 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Full Anatomy Of Nicki Minaj’s Candy Raver Outfit
• Which Selena Gomez VMA Dress Did You Like Better?
• Terry Richardson Shoots Lady Gaga As Jo Calderone In His VMA Dressing Room
• Justin Bieber Channels Kanye West’s VMA Performance Outfit From Last Year
• Who Tried To Out-Gaga Lady Gaga With Dramatic Silhouettes At The VMAs?
• Justin Bieber, Jay-Z, And Lil Wayne Work Animal Print At The VMAs
• Katy Perry Switches Up Nail Art During VMA Show!
• From Beyonce To Demi Lovato: The 10 Best VMA Outfits Of The Night
• Jersey Shore Cast’s VMA Style Matches; But What Was The Situation Wearing?
• Deena Matches Eyes To Rainbow Dress At 2011 VMAs
• Wiz Khalifa And Amber Rose Sport White To The VMAs
• The Red Carpet Fashion From The 2011 Video Music Awards
• Kanye West Rocks VMA Ombre Chambray
• Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Melt Faces With Their Dark, Chic, Silky VMA Style
• Katy Perry Wears A Yellow Block On Her Head For the 2011 Video Music Awards
• We Are Obsessed with Adele’s Long VMA Nails
• Does Jo Calderone Look Like Ralph Macchio?
• VMA 2011: Red Carpet Report With Kreayshawn
• A Pregnant Beyonce Stuns, Glows In Lanvin Dolce and Gabbana
• Katy Perry’s Asian-Inspired 2011 VMA Ensemble
• Nicki Minaj Wears Stylish Surgical Mask At 2011 VMAs
• Lady Gaga Opens The 2011 VMAs In Menswear As Alter Ego ’Jo Calderone’
• VMA 2011: Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog!