Lady Gaga’s Meat Dress.
Photo: Getty Images
• This week we celebrated our first birthday! The selfless beings that we are here at MTV Style (to be read with intense sarcasm), we find it better to give than to receive. Thus, we presented our GIF to you as a sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every one of you who loves fashion at full volume and has put up with all 119 instances of the word “glitter” on this blog.
• What week is Justin Bieber NOT king? Regardless, this was a big one for the Biebs as he finally released his much-anticipated women’s perfume, Someday. Our friends at Buzzworthy tested it out on a few strangers in Time Square in a video you just can’t miss! Justin also sported a T-shirt of ’90s teen queen Tiffani Thiessen, who then RETURNED THE FAVOR (oh yes, we are still excited about it) by wearing a Bieber tee of her own! No word on when Justin Bieber will one-up Tiffani with the (totally meta) move of wearing a T-shirt of her wearing a T-shirt of him, but we’ll be there if/when it happens.
• We caught up personally with a few style stars this week. NBD. *awkwardly brushes shoulders off in an attempt to be nonchalant* Robyn, despite all of our girlish swooning, took some time to speak with us about her cray-mazing personal style from fancy underpants to custom Timbs. And we all developed even bigger girl-crushes on Kreayshawn after she may or may not have TOTALLY SCHOOLED US at liquid eyeliner application. We’re unsettlingly competitive so the loss REALLY stings, but for her, we put it aside.
• We analyzed the video fashions of two women idolized by girls everywhere: Britney Spears and Miss Piggy. We broke down Brit’s new punk rock look for her “I Wanna Go” music video down to each and every last safety pin. And Miss Piggy brought her fashion game as a ’Vogue Paris’ editor in the new Muppets trailer.
• Finally, we (yet again) ogled a wholeeee LOTTA boys, high-fashion boys at that. The D&G models at this week’s Milan show charged down the runway like a shirtless army that we definitely wouldn’t mind pretending to fend off. The Versace show drew in a seriously studly front row (umm HAI Chace Crawford and Darren Criss). Aaannndd Nicola Formichetti’s new campaign video for Mugler is basically porn, and we’re not mad about it.
That’s it for this week! Thanks for the birthday wishes and for a truly amazing year! Have a great weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday! xoxo