Kristen Stewart at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.
Photo: Getty Images
• The Movie Awards may be over (until next year!), but that doesn’t mean you can’t re-live every fabulous fashion moment! We brought you all the red carpet coverage your little heart could desire from the biggest trends to our top ten looks and even drilled down to the nitty gritty details like nails and beauty!
• Our girl, Lady Gaga was honored at this year’s CFDA Awards as a bona fide Fashion Icon. What did Mother Monster wear the first day after her coronation as High Priestess of FASHUN? A dress with her face on it. Duh.
• We know the witty banter we facilitate here at MTV Style is really funny and stuff, but we’ve decided it’s time we do more philanthropic things with the blog. Thus, this week we reached out a helping hand to keep you from zit monster summer bang disasters and from leaving the house questioning, “Am I Wearing A Dress?” You’re welcome. *plastic smile and beauty pageant wave*
• This week, a few stars had us stroking our invisible thinking mustaches with some glimpses into hidden supernatural powers. Jared Leto’s hair defied all laws of science in a ’do that was straight out of Dragon Ball Z, and Katy Perry changed her clothes a truly miraculous EIGHT TIMES in one song. WHAT. Maybe celebrities really aren’t humans after all…
• Finally, we love ya, Urban Outfitters. We frequent you often. But some of the “merchandise” you guys are pushing is well… WTF???
We hope you have a wonderful summer weekend, stylettes. (East Coast, stay dry!) See you back here bright and early Monday morning!