Amanda Bynes, Elle Fanning, and Nicki Minaj at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Universal City, California, on June 5, 2011.
Look, we don’t usually do this because we’re way into sampling all of the delicious sparkly wonders the week has to offer, but this edition of the Shoe Update is all MTV Movie Awards. While we’re well aware that this cozies close to the slimy world of shameless self-promotion, we just can’t help it if the ladies TURNED IT OUT at our event. Sorry we’re not sorry. The pics don’t lie! We sifted through dozens of pretty platforms, stilettos, wedges (side note: OMNOMNOM), but three ladies stood heels and ankles above the rest (LOLOLOL SHOE PUNZ FTW!): Amanda Bynes, Elle Fanning, and Nicki Minaj.
Amanda Bynes strutted down the red carpet in a pair of aqua fringed Christian Louboutin peep-toe heels. Though her choice to pair the electric shoes with this nude bandage Herve Leger raised a few eyebrows, we kiiind of get what we think she was trying to do: balance the shoe crazy with a simpler dress both in cut and color. But this is the Shoe Update, which means we restrict our vision to below-the-knee, and all we care about is how totally ballsy it was to slip these babies on in the first place.
Elle Fanning wore head-to-toe D&G in a seriously expert display of mixing prints. Her floral platform wedges (as if the girl needs anymore HEIGHT!) with raffia trim perfectly complement her red carpet romper and propel Elle farther into her undeniable style stardom. And our girl Nicki Minaj rocked a pair of gravity defying Gianmarco Lorenzi wedges encrusted with so many studs like lovely shiny barnacles on the side of a Barbie pirate ship. But seriously, do we spy a cutout platform? What are even the physics behind such a thing? IS IT MAGIC??!? Whatever it is we want. Hand them over and no one gets hurt.
2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS COVERAGE:
• Movie Awards 2011: The Best Nail Trends Of The Night
• Movie Awards 2011: Loose Hair And Glossy Lips Dominate Red Carpet Beauty
• Movie Awards 2011: Lily Collins, Lil Mama, And Nicki Minaj Rock Badass Accessories
• Movie Awards 2011: Taylor Lautner, Tom Felton, And Ryan Gosling Plus More Hot Dudes
• Movie Awards 2011: Magic Crystals! Lil’ Mama, Brooklyn, and Leighton Put On The Ritz
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Shine On Their Own
• Movie Awards 2011: Elle Fanning’s Floral Romper
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Stone Struts In Orange Bottega Veneta
• Movie Awards 2011: Hailee Steinfeld Red Carpet Tuxedo
• Movie Awards 2011: Selena Gomez Stuns In White
• Movie Awards 2011: Kristen Stewart’s Safety Pin Balmain Dress
• Movie Awards 2011: Emma Watson Shines From Head To Toe
• The Red Carpet Fashion Live Blog