Whitney Port at Lucky Shops LA on April 7.
Photo: Getty Images
• You know spring has sprung when celebs start switching up their hair hue all willy-nilly. Whitney Port went from blonde to ginger, and Sky Ferreira went from ombre blonde to streaky purple.
• Katy Perry revealed her new ad campaign for ghd, a British hair care company, which was shot by David LaChapelle. We had a hard time picking our favorite Katy 'do.
• Jessica Alba got Twitpic-happy in China for Diane von Furstenberg's Journey of a Dress exhibition. We thought the actress should give the world a tutorial on "how to look cute in smartphone pics, while in shoddy lighting."
• We obviously have a thing for brunet boys. Stephen Colletti from Laguna Beach and One Tree Hill (remember him?) made us happy in a random smizey-filled photo shoot. Manboy Adam Brody went collegiate-cool for the Scream 4 premiere. Cam Gigandet went platinum blonde, but we weren't fans. And, the Panic at the Disco duo (clad in tweed and ascots) showed how band dudes ought to dress.
• The trailer for Monte Carlo, staring Leighton Meester, Selena Gomez and Katie Cassidy hit this week. We couldn't tell you the entire plot, but we did scope the cutest shawl-collar blazer, floral bubble skirt, and high-waisted mini-shorts. Priorities.
• Tinsley Mortimer tamed her mane with a big girl headband braid (which, we showed you how to copy). On the other end of the spectrum, Karolina Kurkova, Camilla Belle, and Uma Thurman all let their strands frizz out ON PURPOSE.
• Just in time for spring, stylish bloggers showed us three different ways to rock a trench this season.
could spend hours in the magazine aisle. And this week we spotted Lady Gaga posing on Harper's Bazaar, Lauren Conrad smiling with her eyes on Allure, Kim Kardashian landing on Turkish Cosmopolitan, January Jones killing it on W magazine...twice, and Adele pretty-pouting on Rolling Stone.
• After waiting for YEARS, Ashley Tisdale tweeted about finally scoring her very first Jane Birkin bag—a cobalt blue beauty that cost within the range of $9k-$50k. We asked what the hubbub was all about.
• Coachella is this weekend (can we get a what-what?!), and Whitney Port was so kind as to put together a handy-dandy what-to-wear guide for the festivities. Thanks, Whit.
• Several celebs "brightened" our week. Jessica Lowndes, Emma Stone, and Jessie J. swiped the boldest, most shocking shade of pink they could find onto their lips. Meanwhile, Robyn, Sophia Bush, and Kate Voegele snuck a dash of highlighter neon into their ensembles. Mmrowwww.
• The sneaker flip-flop hybrid discussion had to happen. It just had to.