New York Fall 2011 Fashion Week is in full swing (yay!), and we’re hitting the tents and following the live streams to bring you the hottest trends, neat backstage beauty finds and the best-dressed front-rowers.
A model at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2011 presentation on Feb. 10.
Photo: Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images
FASHION SHOW: MARA HOFFMAN
• Hippy-dippy accessories (turbans, John Lennon shades, etc.) gave Mara Hoffman’s fall collection a serious bohemian vibe.
• Our personal fave is this slouchy, wrap sweater dress. Cute, right?
• Hard to see, but worth mentioning: to go along with the dark color palette, the models fingertips were dipped in black dye. Weird, but cool.
• Check out caftans, knits, and other cool looks from the collection here.
A model backstage at the Vena Cava Fall 2011 show on Feb. 10.
Photo: Jeffrey Ufberg/WireImage
BACKSTAGE BEAUTY: EYE GLITTER AT VENA CAVA
• Sparkly makeup can quickly and easily go all wrong (hence, the models steady tilted head and hair clips). But Vena Cava teamed the princess-grunge makeup look with leather toppers, suede jackets, and platforms, making it SO right.
Bryan Boy at the Rachel Comey Fall 2011 show on Feb. 10.
Photo: Marc Stamas/Getty Images
FRONT ROW CELEB: BRYANBOY AT RACHEL COMEY
• Fashion blogger Bryanboy arrived at the Rachel Comey fashion show in black leggings, a fuzzy-collared fur coat (tons of attendees have been rocking fur, by the way), a gray striped tee, and 3-D-style sunglasses. But the crowning jewel of his ensemble was his curly fro wig.
MORE NEW YORK FASHION WEEK COVERAGE:
• JWOWW Closes The Richie Rich Show
• Steven Alan, BCBG, and Nicholas K
• Christian Siriano’s Shoe Designs Cause A Scene
• Jason Wu, Rebecca Taylor, and Rebecca Minkoff
• Bold Braids
• Celebs Flock To The Tents
• Our Three Favorite Weekend Shows
• DVF, Victoria Beckham, and Alexander Wang
• Experimental Strands At Thakoon, Bensoni, And Lela Rose