AJ Michalka at the ’RED’ screening on Oct. 11, Katy Perry at the Grammy nominations concert on Nov. 30, and Jessica Hart at OK! Magazine’s 5th Anniversary party on Sept. 13.
Photo: Getty Images
Stock up now—tutus just might be one of the hottest trends for spring (point shoes not required). According to The New York Times, Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte (who created the costumes for Black Swan) aren’t the only designers with ballet on the brain. Pieces from the spring 2011 runway collections of Karl Lagerfeld, Alexander McQueen, and J. Mendel included everything from poufy miniskirts to shredded fabrics and feathers (sounds dancer-esque to us!). Plus, stores like Bloomingdale’s and ASOS are already selling the ballerina skirts. Not to toot our own trend-spotting horn, but we sort of saw this coming from a mile away. Remember?! And now, celebs including actress AJ Michalka, singer Katy Perry, and model Jessica Hart are rocking the tutu like it’s going out of style. But it’s not!
+ Will you wear a tutu this spring?
MTV STYLE’S TOTAL TUTU COVERAGE:
• We Are Witnessing A Rise Of The Tutu: Katy Perry, Pixie Lott, And Natalie Portman All Rock The Dancewear
• Tutu Alert: Mexican Singer Dulce Maria Is The Latest Artist To Publicly Show Appreciation For Tutus, Just Like Katy Perry
• Let’s Talk About … Katy Perry Knows How To Rock A Ballerina Tutu
• Katy Perry And Rihanna Play Up The Tutu Trend
• Tutu Alert: Christina Ricci Rocks The Trend In Marchesa