MTV’s Twitter expert and first-ever TJ Gabi Gregg took a break from Twitter today to explain her reactions to Beth Ditto’s new plus-size collection for Evans. Gabi Gregg is the founder of YoungFatAndFabulous.com. Read below for her thoughts!
Beth Ditto; Pieces from her collection.
Photo: Getty Images
Last year, musician Beth Ditto teamed up with the plus-size British retailer Evans to launch her first clothing collection. It was quintessential Beth Ditto: loud, colorful, and a little bit gaudy, and I absolutely loved it. Why? Because plus-size women are often told that we must wear head-to-toe black and A-line cuts to hide our curves, but Beth’s clothing offered us the option of unabashedly showing everything off! That’s why I was excited to see Beth Ditto launch her follow-up collection last week, with just-as-stylish clothes covered in polka dots, hearts, and even a huge, red lightning bolt. The pieces are definitely fun and versatile. Below are my five favorites.
1) The Navy Velvet Dress: Velvet is one of my favorite fall materials (right up there with faux-fur and leather), so I can’t help but adore this dress. With the great color and draping, it’s great for a night out on the town.
2) The Large-Collared Parka: Perfect for transitional-season weather, this parka is definitely on my must-have list. I love the color, and the oversize collar and studded pockets keep it current and cute.
3) The Floral Leggings: It can be tough to find fun leggings in larger sizes, but these solve that dilemma. The large floral print in black, white, and beige can liven up anything from a little black dress to a white V-neck tee.
4) The Black Cape: It’s so simple, it’s genius! Definitely a wardrobe staple, this black cape would be great to throw on in the cooler weather when you don’t want to think too much about what to wear.
5) The Denim Pencil Skirt: I love almost anything high-waisted, and that includes this skirt. With a subtle floral print in the denim, it feels a little ’80s without going too far. Not to mention, I love the exposed zipper!
The Beth Ditto collection ranges from British sizes 14-32 and is available online (and ships to the U.S.) at evans.co.uk. Would you wear these Beth Ditto-designed clothes?
+ Which piece is your favorite?