When “Battlefield 4” launches consoles and the PC next month, the DICE-developed shooter will include seven multiplayer modes which have been slowly (almost tortuously) teased out over the last two months. The usual capture and hold and deathmatch-style modes are returning as well as updated objective modes for the the FPS.
Again, most of the modes are pretty close to what’s been available in games past. Conquest, Domination, and Team Deathmatch are the save as they ever were, while “Obliteration,” the 24-player mode where you and your team vie for control of a bomb before destroying one of the enemy objectives, threatens to add even more mayhem to the already chaotic shooter.
Here are the short descriptions of the new modes from EA/DICE:
- Conquest (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) – All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
- Domination (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) – Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
- Obliteration – Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
- Defuse – Competitive close quarters combat
- Team Deathmatch – The classic shooter mode – Battlefield 4 style
- Rush – Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
- Squad Deathmatch – Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
You can find the complete details of each mode on the “Battlefield 4” blog.
“Battlefield 4” will be available for current gen consoles and the PC on October 29th, with the PS4 version to follow on November 12th, and the Xbox One port hitting November 19th.
Follow @MTVMultiplayer on Twitter and be sure to “like” us on Facebook for the best geek news about comics, toys, gaming and more! And don’t forget to follow our video gaming and TV writer @TheCharlesWebb.