Indie developer Coffee Stain Studios today released “Sanctum 2” for PC and Xbox 360. The follow-up to the team’s first tower-defense, first-person shooter hybrid sees players taking on the role of an elite soldier whose been tasked with protecting oxygen-producing cores from hordes of alien attackers. Sounds fun, right?
“We built Sanctum 2 from the ground up, creating stunning visuals while keeping everything that players loved from the original,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “We then added more characters, more enemies, more bosses, more levels, more weapons and more towers to make Sanctum 2 bigger, better and badder than we ever imagined.”
Here are all the details, straight from the Coffee Stain team:
– Tower-Defense – Players can create custom mazes and utilize new towers to prevent the waves of attacking enemies from destroying the oxygen-producing Cores
– First-Person Shooter – Don’t just let the towers do everything, jump into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer
– Skye, the original Sanctum defender returns along with three brand new playable characters, Haigen, Sweet, and -SiMo– each with their own distinct abilities and enhanced weapons
– Seamless integration of drop-in and drop-out four-player cooperative multiplayer
16 maps within four diverse worlds
– Vast Customization and Progression Systems – Players can choose perks such as Adrenaline Rush or up-the-ante by adding ‘Feats of Strength’ such as Titan Slayer where enemies grow stronger and the player’s XP gain increases by 20 percent
– Newly implemented enemy aggro system that makes for challenging and intense encounters
Extensive DLC content – Exciting levels and expansions coming soon with new challenges and surprises
“Sanctum 2” will set you back $14.99 on PC, or 1200 Microsoft Points via Xbox Live. The game is also slated to arrive on the PlayStation Network within the coming weeks.