I’m not gonna lie: I covet this oversized hardcover from publisher IDW, but I wouldn’t even know when I’d have time to pore through it. Still, that doesn’t make me wish that I could get my hands on one of the 250 copies of “Transformers: The Art of the Fall of Cybertron,” based on last summer’s game from High Moon Studios and publisher Activision.
“The Art of the Fall of Cybertron” is being released as part of IDW’s Red Label line of limited-run, premium books, high-end reprints and hardcovers priced north of $100 (this is one of the cheaper ones, considering its availability). I have one of their reprints of the Eastman/Laird “Ninja Turtles” from last year that’s absolutely a prize of my comics collection.
IDW, who currently hold the “Transformers” comics license, have teamed up with High Moon Studios to present concept art and process work for “Fall of Cybertron” in a chunky, slipcovered release.
What’s in the package:
- Special handbuilt custom-designed slipcase
- Ten limited-edition lithographs housed in a hardcover portfolio
- Custom, exclusive to IDW Limited cover in metallic ink
- Vellum overlay of the title page
- Brand-new endpages designed to mirror the style of the slipcase and portfolio
- Stamped with the IDW Limited Red Foil Imprint
- Red satin ribbon bookmark
Copies of “Transformers: The Art of the Fall of Cybertron” will begin shipping April 3. You can preorder it at the IDW Limited site.
Follow @MTVMultiplayer on Twitter and be sure to “like” us on Facebook for the best geek news about comics, toys, gaming and more! And don’t forget to follow our video gaming and TV writer @TheCharlesWebb.