By Joseph Leray
A campaign called “The Scorchers” will feature a new difficulty and a new job path to play through, as well as two new minigames, called “Roly Poly” and “Video Poker,” judging by the descriptions of the ten PS3 trophies. “The Scorchers” seems like it could be a substantial bit of work, introducing five new areas and new combat options, including a railgun and rebar ammo.
Given that this campaign hasn’t been formally announced, there aren’t any story details to share, but The Scorchers were a faction in Rage that, for whatever reason, never made it into the final game.
The new trophy information on “The Scorchers” corresponds with a PEGI listing from earlier this year that suggests the DLC will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Hawk-eyed fans have known about “The Scorchers” for a while, but the postings suggest an announcement is coming soon.
Here’s a look at all ten trophies:
• Night Terrors – Finish the Campaign on Ultra Nightmare difficulty
• Cavernous Stumble – Complete Hagar Caves in The Scorchers job path
• Plans Refined – Complete Refinery in The Scorchers job path
• Thrash Canyon – Complete Bash Canyon in The Scorchers job path
• Fired Up! – Complete Scorcher Base in the The Scorchers job path
• Rite of Passage – Complete Wellspring Tunnels in The Scorchers job path
• Lucky Charms – Bet and win on Green in the Roly-Poly minigame
• Foursome – Win with a Four of a Kind in the Video Poker minigame
• Wall Hack – Kill 2 enemies with one Railgun Slug shot through a wall
• Rebar Pie – Pin an enemy to a surface with a Rebar ammo shot