Developer Riot Games details some of the events and activities available for their MMO's annual winter event.
Looking for some new skins and events in League of Legends? Really big on the non-specific, non-denominational holiday spirit? Well, Riot Games has laid out some of what you can do in their "Snowdown Showdown" update for LoL which will run through January in-game, giving Summoner's Rift a nice, snowy look, providing you with some wintry runes, and dropping some holiday-themed skins for your summoner.
Here are the official details from the press release:
Here are some of the Snowdown Showdown festivities summoners can enjoy from now until January 10th:
- All-new, limited-edition skins:
- Festive Maokai – Everyone’s favorite grumpy old tree gets adorned with lights, ornaments, and other holiday decorations.
- Snowmerdinger – Heimerdinger gets adorned with the classic snowman apparel, right down to a carrot nose.
- Mistletoe LeBlanc – LeBlanc, the Deceiver gets into the holiday spirit with a red and green outfit.
- Toy Soldier Gangplank – A perfect (and festive) wooden toy replica of the pirate champion.
Winter Summoner’s Rift: A snowstorm has blown through Summoner’s Rift! We’ve also hung up a few holiday decorations and even the minions are in the Snowdown spirit, donning special holiday hats to fit the occasion!
Holiday Runes: Save some of your valuable Influence Points this holiday season by picking up these special, limited edition holiday runes!
The "Snowdown Showdown" event will run through January 10th.