Recent news about the "Fallout: New Vegas — Dead Money" DLC has been fun and wonderful, but users on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC have some more fundamental needs to be served by the bug-swatting "comprehensive patch" that Bethesda mentioned in November. Luckily, PS3 owners can begin downloading that set of fixes today, and players on other systems should be able to grab it soon.
"Today PlayStation 3 users in North America and European territories can download the latest game update for Fallout: New Vegas," a company representative wrote on the Bethesda Blog. The post went on to assure that the fixes "will be available on Xbox 360 and Steam early next week."
The major issues being addressed include the following:
· Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
· Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
· Fix: DLC error/save corruption
· Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
· Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
· Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
· Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods
There's an even bigger list of game elements and specific quests that will also be impacted (and hopefully cleaned up) by this patch. Will Bethesda finally get the game polished to a point where it doesn't feel like a beta release for minutes on end throughout various quests? Well, that's iffy, but here's hoping this big batch of fixes turns out to be the cluster of smart bombs that "New Vegas" needs.
What do you want to see fixed in "New Vegas"? Have you downloaded the PS3 patch yet? Share your impressions with us in the comment section below.