When "Rock Band 3" brings its keyboards to stores on October 26, it's going to be loaded with songs from rockers around the world, not just the U.S. Most of the newly announced songs from acts like Bob Marley & The Wailers, INXS, Tokio Hotel and Rammstein will be familiar to North American audiences, but MTV Games confirmed the selections at GamesCom this week as part of an 83-song on-disc soundtrack that they hope will attract global attention.
"We believe music transcends boundaries, and intend to prove it with a committed effort to release more music from around the world on the Rock Band platform," MTV Games senior vice president of music and electronic games Paul DeGooyer said in a press release. "Fans will have access to our incredible line-up of music via simultaneous global releases, and we think everyone will find each song tremendously fun to play, no matter what language they speak."
Here's what's been added:
• Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Get Up, Stand Up" (Jamaica)
• INXS - "Need You Tonight" (Australia)
• Poni Hoax - "Antibodies" (France)
• Rammstein - "Du Hast" in German (Germany)
• Roxette, "The Look" (Sweden)
• Tokio Hotel - "Humanoid" (Germany)
• HIM - "Killing Loneliness" (Finland)
• Maná - "Oye Mi Amor" in Spanish (Mexico)
• Slipknot - "Before I Forget" (United States)
• War - "Low Rider" (United States)
The new list included a few American bands as well, as you can see. So don't let an overactive imagination convince you that you won't understand the lyrics you're singing into your console this fall. You may need some extra hair gel to get into the part for a few of these Euro bands though.
How did these newly added "Rock Band 3" tracks sit with you? What else do you want to see in the game when it hits? Let us know in the comment section or on Twitter! You can also follow me, MTV Multiplayer writer Brian Warmoth, on Twitter!