The Collector's Edition for "Fallout 3" was decidedly excellent. Art book, old timey lunch box, bobble head and, if you were willing to shell out for the extra-fancy edition, you got yourself a life-sized Pip Boy clock. Bethesda is trotting out another Collector's Edition for "Fallout: New Vegas," and this one appears to follow in the footsteps of the last.
Given the theme of the game, it's no surprise that the "Fallout: New Vegas" Collector's Edition includes plenty Vegas-y stuff. Included in the pack is the following:
- "Lucky 7" poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- A fully customized "Fallout: New Vegas" deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas!
- A recreation of the game’s highly coveted "Lucky 38" platinum chip.
- A hardcover graphic novel "All Roads," that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to "Fallout: New Vegas." "All Roads" was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.
- "The Making of Fallout: New Vegas" DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more.
There was no price tag mentioned in the announcement, but the "Fallout 3" Collector's Edition came in at $80, so something close to that seems likely.