"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" for PC has been a contentious issue on the Internet this week, with Infinity Ward announcing their revamped peer-to-peer IWNET multiplayer setup in lieu of dedicated servers. A pro-server petition that followed that announcement now has more than 140,000 signatures, but the real test will be how well the game sells. Those stats should become apparent soon, as "MW2" is now available for pre-order on Steam, where the game's system requirements have also been revealed. Check them out after the jump.
Right now, $59.99 will buy the downloadable files necessary to activate "MW2" when it launches on November 10th. Here's what Steam says you'll need to have in your computer to run it:
· OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
· Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
· Memory: 1 GB RAM
· Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
· DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
· Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
· Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
· Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation.
· Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.
Those stats aren't too surprising. Only time will tell if the download numbers are.
What do you think of the PC system requirements for "MW2"? Do you plan on pre-ordering? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.