It's been an awfully busy week for the video game industry and here at MTV Multiplayer. As the weekend kicks into gear, here's what the last week brought:
* Tracey John is prepping readers for "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King" with 13 tips for newcomers to the game, news that her boyfriend is dropping the game, suggestions on how to name your Death Knight character, pictures from the launch party in New York and word that Blizzard execs haven't even played the game yet -- is that enough "WoW" coverage for you?!
* Insomniac Games revealed their must-do list for shooter "Resistance 2"
* Cliff Bleszinski promised the "Seriously" achievement in "Gears of War 2" would be less glitchy this time around, dismissed "Predator 2" as a cinematic influence and carefully discussed video game romance in his games
* We flew guest blogger Michelle Zeller to Los Angeles to cover the "Shaun White Snowboarding" launch party and she came back with celebrity interviews, photos from the party and impressions of the game from a snowboarder's perspective
* Here's one more bit on "WoW" for you -- did you know that singer Brandy has tried to hide her addiction to the MMP?
* Even though Sony has issued copyright violation warnings, people are still creating content with infringements for "LittleBigPlanet"
* President-elect Barack Obama's campaign team apparently prefers "Rock Band"
* If you aren't sure how to fix your "Guitar Hero: World Tour" drums, we've gone through the process step-by-step for you
* We found out Nintendo exec. Cammie Dunnaway has played "GTA: Chinatown Wars" for DS and asked her what she thought of it, and discovered that game and downloadable content for "Grand Theft Auto IV' appear to have been delayed
* Microsoft's microphone for "Lips" won't work for any other music game at launch
* I visited Atari founder Nolan Bushnell's gaming-themed uWink restaurant and had a terrible time
* Stephen Totilo wondered aloud if there are too many "Avatar" games coming out
* Make sure you don't purchase Wii Speak used, or else you won't be able to download the Wii Speak channel to your Wii
* Some MTV Multiplayer editors separately decided to pass on "Gears of War 2" and the PSP -- yes, the whole PSP
* While in Los Angeles helping out our guest blogger, I spotted a mobile "Rock Band" store full of "Rock Band" and AC/DC merch and saw how Virgin Records and Amoeba Music treated this fall's biggest music games and took a tour of Pandemic Studios
* We noticed some rather famous songs making it through loopholes in "Guitar Hero: World Tour"'s music creation system
* Can you guess singer Christina Aguilera's favorite game and handheld?
* We discovered a mobile game centered around drink driving. Really.
* Discover how "Secret Service" portrays two virtual Presidents